Thursday, November 1, 2012

COR Collection -- from Erin

I thought I'd share my COR collection system.  So far, it seems to be working fairly well for us.  Here's a photo of our our main COR collection area.



On the clipboard on the left are my observation logs for the week, and next to that is a laminated sheet where I write down specific COR items that we are observing for that week.  The observation logs all match up with our COR items for the week.  This makes it easy to keep track of who I still need to get observations on, and the COR items of the week help me plan activities.

On the right side of the photo are laminated sheets where we stick up additional observations that the team makes during the week.  This makes it easy for any team member to write down an anecdote, and they are all in the same place for me!

Finally, this is my COR collection checklist.  It has all of the benchmarks for both Infant/Toddler and the Preschool COR.  When I collect something, I check it off, and I highlight it when it's entered into the COR.  This is a much faster reference for me than running reports to see what I still need to collect.

I hope some of these ideas will be useful for some of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment